- This is the first major collaboration between me and the House Music Legend and a Grammy Award Winning DJ and Producer, Roger Sanchez, also a graffiti artist from NYC, currently based in Miami.
- Several months ago, Roger Sanchez completed his 'Home' graffiti art and since we started working together recently, the idea of creating a 3D version of the graffiti came soon after the release.
- Modeling was done in Autodesk Maya, but final render will be executed in Unreal Engine 4
- In the next few paragraphs, I would like to show my workflow and explain where this projects is headed
Original Graffiti Art
- The entire modeling process was done in Autodesk Maya
- In this early phase, my goal was to create a simple Low-Poly blockout of lettering
- After I was happy with the blockout and got the similar shapes, I started refining the shape
- Detailing phase took most of my time since I had to be accurate with the extrusion and follow the original artwork style line
- Adding the rest of the elements was really fun and as you can see, bamboo and roses are missing since I am currently working on modeling them